Bacon Brussel Sprouts
Welcome to February! In this month, I'll be sharing new recipes & ideas to help make eating PFC balanced super easy AND tasty!
Today's recipe is my most recent favorite: Bacon Brussel Sprouts. I literally have been eating these every day since I made them, and I know you'll love them too. They are super simple, and the bacon brings out such a great flavor.
You can also cut time by buying preshredded/cut Brussels which will make this a side dish ready in less than 10 minutes!
2lb Brussel Sprouts, shredded (by hand or bought)
12-16oz Bacon or about 8 slices (no sugar added if you can find it)
2 Tsp Sea Salt
Spices of choice if desired
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat
2. Using kitchen scissors, hold all 8 slices of bacon in one hand and cut them into 1" pieces over the skillet so they fall directly into the skillet
3. Allow them to cook about 1-2 minutes to release some grease
4. In the meantime, cut the brussels sprouts into shredded pieces if you didn't buy preshredded
5. Add to the pan along with the salt and any other spices you wish
6. Cook covered, stirring often, until the brussels are tender
7. Serve immediately or store for later in the week