Easy Pork Roast
As I mentioned in my favorite things post for July, I've been making a ton of pork roasts as of late because they are not only delicious, but also super easy too! Plus, they are great for long days at work and for leftovers too - perfect for lunch or dinner later in the week! Here's how I've been making my roasts:
*2-5lb pork sirloin or butt roast (size depends on how many people you need to feed!)
*1lb carrots, peeled and cut in half width wise
*1lb potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
*1 small onion or shallot, sliced
*1 Tbsp sea salt
*1 tsp black pepper
*1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
*1/4-1/2 tsp thyme
*1 cup water
1. Place the roast in the bottom of a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
2. Throw the carrots, potatoes, and onion on top of the roast.
3. Sprinkle the seasonings over everything.
4. Pour the water over everything.
5. Place the lid on the slow cooker or Instant Pot. For the slow cooker, cook on low for 8-10 hours. For the Instant Pot, push the "slow cooker" button and cook for 8-10 hours. The roast is finished cooking when it falls apart and shreds easily with a fork, and the vegetables are tender.
Serves 4, but can easily be adjust to feed more or less depending on the size of the roast and the amount of veggies added!
Don't be afraid to mix it up! Try parsnips or turnips or rutabaga instead of the basic carrots and potatoes. Be creative - you can't really go wrong with roasts!